Do you want to Retargeting Cookies in WordPress? WordPress Cookie Retargeting is a hidden tool that is already used by many of the most famous sites. This enables you to send your users custom on-site messages, which is dependent on their past behavior that helps you to increase sales.
In this article, we will help you on how to use Retargeting Cookies in WordPress to display custom on-site messages and increase sales.
What are Retargeting Cookies?
There are two types of retargeting cookies techniques:
The first technique is the off-site retargeting cookie. This process is used to monitor the activities of the users across the web. Facebook pixel and Google remarketing are both of the popular advertising programs which enable you to make use of their huge reach and display targeted ads to people who enter your sites.
The second technique is the on-site retargeting cookie, which enables you to display targeted messages to users, that are dependent on how they communicate with your site.
What are cookies?
Cookies are the small text files that include data pieces. Websites set cookies to store temporary details in user borrowers such as login status, user choices, session information, and more.
How to Boost Conversions using On-Site Cookie Retargeting?
Website owners use on-site retargeting messages in a variety of ways to improve conversions and boost sales. For example, eCommerce stores are able to show customers custom deals based on how they communicate with other deals. It enables you to make a flexible selling funnel that will make a purchase for customers.
Another use-case scenario is the generation of leads. If a user shuts one sign up form with on-site retargeting, then you can send them another message with another deal.
Retargeting messages on-site is extremely effective because:
- It displays user’s customized messages while they have already engaged with your site.
- It enables you to create personalized campaigns that improve with every user interaction until they become converted.
- By using your current website traffic to the maximum, you save money on paid ads campaigns.
Let’s take a review on how to use retargeting cookies in WordPress.
Read about – Google Tag Manager
Creating WordPress On-Site Retargeting Campaign
The perfect way to build retargeting messages on-site is through the use of OptinMonster. It’s the world’s best conversion optimization and leads software generation. You can use it to build attentive signup forms, popups, invite mats, in-line deals, custom offers, and more, easily. Firstly, you have to sign up for an OptinMonster account. You will have to require at least their cookie retargeting Pro plan and follow-up campaigns Development plan. Next, you will have to download and activate the OptinMonster plugin.
For more information, see our step by step instructions on how to install a WordPress Plugin:
- This plugin serves as a bridge between the OptinMonster app and your WordPress site.
- You have to click on the OptinMonster menu in the sidebar of your WordPress admin to connect WordPress with your OptinMonster account upon activation.
- Follow the on-screen guidance, which allows OptinMonster to authorize your website.
- First, we’ll build a cookie setting campaign and provide users a discount. We’ll create retargeting and follow-up campaigns on-site after that.
- Let’s begin our first campaign. To launch the OptinMonster Builder, click on the ‘Create New Campaign’ button.
- It will take you to the web site of OptinMonster, where you will be asked to select a type of campaign and a template.
- You can select any campaign or template, but we will be building a lightbox popup for this tutorial.
- Next, you will be asked to give a name for your campaign and choose your website. After that, you will enter the campaign builder interface.
- It is a powerful layout tool where you can point and click on any object you want to edit. You can also add new elements such as blocks, buttons, pictures, columns, etc.
- Just turn to the Publish tab when you are satisfied and create your campaign live by modifying its status.
- OptinMonster will display this campaign by default to all users who enter in your website. Users may close the popup, or execute the desired activity.
Create a Retargeting Campaign to display custom messages
Now you have launched your first campaign, let’s use the follow-up retargeting feature to add another campaign:
- Click on the OptinMonster dashboard’s Create New Campaign button and choose your campaign form and template. Since we’ve used the lightbox button, as our retargeting campaign, we’ll use a ‘Floating bar.
- You will enter your campaign name and choose the website. After, you will visit the OptinMonster Builder, where you can design your campaign using simple tools for drag-and-drop.
- You can edit the text of the option, add countdown timers to create FOMO, add a coupon, and more.
- When you’re satisfied with the design, it’s time to choose which users you want this custom message to display.
- Easily switch to the Display Rules tab in the builder.
- OptinMonster provides a lot of display rules from which you can choose. You can add multiple rulesets, too.
- Under the if menu, choose ‘Visitors has closed’ — ‘Campaign’ — and then choose your previous campaign.
- Next, you have to change to the publish tab and modify your campaign status to live.
- In the incognito browser tab you can now access your website to see your campaign and the message about the follow-up retargeting.
A WordPress support agency will help you with your WordPress website maintenance.
Add Retargeting Cookie with custom Message
- Cookie retargeting helps you to send users personalized messages, which is based on past activities, cart status, shopping history, and more. It enables you to create advertising and upsells at different stages of your sales funnel, tailored for customers.
Just create a new campaign for OptinMonster, and design it with your custom message:
- When you have done, you have to switch to the Display Rules tab.
- Under the if menu, you have to choose ‘a cookie’ and then choose the key and cookie value.
- The main is the name of the cookie, and the value parameter is the cookie material. OptinMonster offers you a set of choices for matching the cookie or its value.
- Go ahead after you have added cookie retargeting rules, and publish your campaign.
- OptinMonster will now show your custom message, which is based on the rules you’ve set for cookie targeting.
In this article, we have discussed how to use Retargeting Cookies in WordPress to display custom on-site messages and increase conversions. We hope that you must be satisfied with what we have explained in this article.
Facing problems with your WordPress website? Consult the WordPress Support Services for your website.