Nobody had any clue that the world would suddenly land into such a crucial stage fighting the pandemic Covid19. The world has come to a halt. Everything seems to be stopped. Be it schools, colleges, institutes, offices, shops, malls, whatever. Nothing seems to be like earlier. It is a huge loss for the economy as we all already know.
Most of the finances are related to business running throughout the world. So the most crucial losses are borne by the entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, the middle-class businessmen that are world widely known as small entrepreneurs are the major sufferers. These entrepreneurs are the ones who had to shut their outlets because of the lockdown that has been followed by the world. Most of the countries have followed this rule to encourage human distancing and reduce the contamination of Covid-19. Though this step was taken for the betterment of humanity, unfortunately, it has broken the spines of half of the population. The worst part of it is, it is yet unpredictable.
Well, when we know what the circumstances are now, and we don’t have many options, why not work out some way for a better tomorrow? Why not work out some ways of your business running, even a little step towards it would prove a huge benefit tomorrow.
The major issue is human distancing. We know we can’t break the law. We have to make out something promoting human distancing as well as a business trick. Let us discuss a few tips today that will help small businesses run without any violation of the law.
Grocery stores during COVID19
Initially, it looks like human distancing is impossible in these stores during COVID19. Well not exactly.
- Small grocery stores can take their orders on the phone or WhatsApp along With the customer’s house number.
- The person who will pack the order must sanitize his or her hands first
- Let the entire things ordered get packed in a double bag(one bag inside the other)
- Ask for online payment from the customer to avoid any sort of contact
- Drop the packet outside the house of the customer
- Let the customer take out the bag from the extra bag and throw it outside so that it does not enter the house
- Take out the entire stuff and place in the balcony or terrace for a few hours
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- After a few hours, the customer can keep the stuff in its proper place because if there is any kind of contamination it will subside after a few hours.
- This is how contactless delivery is done.
Read Official Updates – Coronavirus In India
Vegetable vendors during COVID19
- This place seems to be a little vulnerable to contamination. But if paid a little attention it can be handled
- Venders can wash their vegetables in hot salty water
- They can make packets of vegetables in various weight like 250gms to 1kg packets
- If possible payments should be made online but in any case if not possible try carrying coins. Because they are washable.
- Here customer has to be more careful, they have to wash the vegetable thoroughly with hot water and vinegar
- Keep it outdoor as long as possible
Milk vendors during COVID19
In India, there are a lot of milk vendors who sell unpackaged milk. It is advised to take serious precautions during COVID19 if you buy unpackaged milk.
- Milk vendors should clean their containers thoroughly with soda.
- They should make sure they have sanitized their hands and body.
- Cover their hair with a hair cap or towel
- Wear hand gloves that must be kept changing every hour
- Don’t keep the milk uncovered
- Do not touch any customer
- Ask customers to place their bottles in a queue maintaining the required distance
- Pour milk in every bottle or vessels one by one
- The same system can be applied for the packaged milk as well
- Well, these precautions can help them maintain social distance as well as to run their business. And precautions are similar everywhere. The motive is to maintain social distancing if in any case, you are not able to open up,
- follow the market trend.
- Keep a keen eye on your performance.
- Things are definitely not going to turn normal any day sooner,
- plan new strategies,
- make your online portals, make most of your sale purchases online.
- If you have an employee, ask them to work from home
- Learn new marketing strategies online, be it on google
- Try earning from companies that are already working online
Do we never know how the market is going to respond? We do not know if our old business tactics will work once this pandemic is over?
Maybe people develop a habit of being indoors, maybe they start shopping and buying everything online, so be ready for the change. Don’t restrict yourself to old business techniques. Accept the challenge. If the market reads a rise in the food business and if you have even a little interest, do not hesitate to launch yourself as a side business. Sometimes side business gives you more return than the mainstream.
Read Update on Coronavirus by WHO
No work is small when it comes to survival. Learning new skills and exploring new business ventures will always help. At this time of lockdown, one can plan to sell as soon as it is over. New sale techniques help to get products running. Declare some kitty investments online and that can be a good investment by the customers in your business. Look for new investors and buyers. If you can create a money flow, it won’t let your finances fall down. Try investing in shares that are rising. Get term insurance that gives money-back guarantee so that in any case of need you don’t run short of finances.
We all know it won’t be easy to stand back, but some real efforts and positive thinking can change the direction of perceptions. We all need to be positive and cautious as well. Our life and health are above all. Nothing can stop us from getting back to normal life once we are safe.