We all know how fast is coronavirus spreading. The worst side of it is any antidote has not yet released. It all started in Wuhan on the last day of the year 2019. It is believed that it raised from a fish market, but there is no solid evidence to this conclusion. There are several rumors regarding this virus, earlier it was assumed that the bats were responsible for the contamination of this virus, later snakes and seafood too were related to it. But nothing could justify the actual cause. The search for the animal origin of COVID-19 is still being researched. The source of this virus is still unclear.
Was Coronavirus Already in Existence?
Well, there have been cases in history that showed severe acute respiratory syndrome almost similar to the symptoms caused by a coronavirus. In 2002 Guangdong had a similar case. The virus caused more than 8000 infections in 26 countries and ended with 800 documented deaths. It showed some influenza kind of disease. In 2012 Saudi Arabia displayed similar symptoms that were believed to be related to camels but it has never been officially confirmed.
Global Death Because of Coronavirus
Unfortunately, the global death toll hits 2,126 officially declared. United states record 1,016 cases and 31 deaths. Italy recorded more than 10,000 infections and 631 deaths. In India, the number of infected people has risen to 31, with no deaths recorded. Similarly, Bangladesh, Nepal, France are too not spared. Panama recently got its first death case registered. The number of infections and deaths are rising with every passing day. No successful medicine has been originated yet and the saddest part is, the symptoms start as general as of cold and cough, and by the time the patient realizes the sensitivity, he or she catches the infection.
Is Coronavirus Unstoppable?
The situation is indeed alarming. The issue is still unsolved and the virus number is changing sharply. World health organization has declared a mission with china that will soon investigate and focus on the fact that how is the new coronavirus is spreading and how dangerous is the situation. But the question still remains unanswered, is it actually unstoppable? For this, we have to peep into history. Epidemic diseases are not new to mankind. There has been a lot of evidence in the history regarding the existence of these diseases. Cholera, bubonic plague, smallpox, and influenza are examples of such diseases that were incurable until the invention of antidote to it. As soon as the vaccination was released, we never felt anymore scared of it. So we need to understand the disease is dangerous unless and until it has a cure. It is scary until its origin is not diagnosed. As soon as an antidote is released, it can be tamed, it can be cured. Actually, knowledge is the solution to every problem. Coronavirus can infect both humans and animals. Because it is a new strain, any vaccine is yet to be released. But the scientist says the treatment for this virus is symptom-based, so as soon as someone observes any kind of symptoms related to this disease, it should be treated immediately.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Not always, but a runny nose, fever, sore throat, cough are similar symptoms to it. Some people can breakout pneumonia and respiratory difficulties. No wonder if this disease proves deadly too. People with a weak immune system, people with other medical conditions like asthma, diabetes and heart diseases, and old people are more vulnerable to these infections. Anybody who experiences any such symptoms should get a medical check-up immediately. Sometimes we take minor cold lightly, we rely on self-medication. But at this time of emergency, we should help the government by getting a medical check-up by a doctor. This way we can get proper treatment as well as in any case of an emergency we can receive proper treatment. some patients experience short breaths and some with high abdominal pain. Diarrhea is also complained at times. We should not linger on any of these symptoms by any means. During this disaster, it becomes our moral duty to help ourselves and others out of this disease. We can help each other and the government. It won’t cost anything, but it would save a million lives.
Precautions Against COVID-19
It has been proved that the virus spread human to human. It affects people who fail to maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet with the other person.
- The virus is grounded – the virus does not settle in the year, so it cannot be passed on by air.
- Make distance – whenever a person gets in contact with the respiratory droplets due to sneezing or coughing, there are chances of getting infected. These droplets can travel up to 6 feet. So, maintain a distance of a minimum of 6 feet with anyone sneezing and coughing.
- Use mask – using a mask will protect you as well as others.
- Wash your hands – whenever you blow your nose or cough, or you come back from a public place, wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly.
- Use hand sanitizers – coronavirus lives on hands for one minute, so use hand sanitizers whenever you come in human contact. Rub them on your hands until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your face – don’t touch your face, nose, and mouth without washing your hands.
- Avoid unnecessary gatherings– don’t visit crowded places unnecessarily. It will increase the chance of getting infected.
- Soak the sun – if the virus falls on our clothes, it will survive there for 9 hours. Washing them or soaking them out in the sun will serve the purpose.
- Gargle – keep your throat warm and clean by gargling with warm water. This will prevent tonsils and leaking it further in the lungs.
- High temperature saves – the virus cannot exist in temperature more than 26 to 27 degrees. So keep yourself warm. Soak the sun. drink and eat warm water and food. Avoid cold food and beverages.